An earlier blog described how the CECOM Historical Office had received dozens of boxes of books previously stored by the APG Museum. The final count of that batch is now 90 boxes! The history office staff immediately went to work with a preliminary assessment of the content of the boxes.
There are in excess of 1,000 bound volumes in this collection. A major part of the collection represents professional papers, proceedings from symposium, and professional journals containing member papers covering into the first half of the 20th century. There are but a handful of published books, and those will be added to our technical library. While all of the volumes were in one way or another related to our research, some parts of the collection would better be maintained by other organizations. In coming months, the Historical Office will contact those groups to determine if they are interested. The bulk of the collection, however, will be cataloged and absorbed into our technical library.
One really fantastic find was a set of six volumes that contain patents granted to C4ISR predecessor organizations (1960 to 1963, and 1966 to 1968). Included also are:
- Aeronautical Engineering Review
- American Journal of Roentgenology and Radium Therapy
- Annales De Physique
- Atomic Data/Atomics
- Bell Laboratory Review
- CQ (Radio Amateurs Journal)
- Electronics Industries
- Journal of Meteorology
- MIT Radiological Reports (Include numerous technical reports related to radar, Signal Corps Laboratory Equipment)
- Monthly Weather Review
- National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics Annual Report
- Physical Review
- Physikalische Berichte
- Proceedings of the Institute of Radio Engineers
- QST (“A Magazine Devoted Exclusively to the Radio Amateur”)
- Radio Engineer
- Summary Technical Papers of the NDRC (National Defense Research Committee)
- Terrestrial Magnetism and Atmospheric Electricity
- Transactions of the American Electrochemical Society
- Wireless World
Note: This entry composed by Floyd, and edited/posted by Chrissie.