Skip to content


35mm Slide Conversion Recalls Signal School Heritage

The Historical Office recently converted several hundred previously unidentified 35mm slides and film negatives to high resolution digital files and hard copy prints.  The photos recall Fort Monmouth’s long and proud tenure as the “Home of the Signal Corps,” and, particularly, the Signal School. The Signal Corps consolidated its schools at Fort Monmouth in 1919, and the post’s last class in signal communications graduated 17 June 1976.

Building 1207 when it was the headquarters of the Signal Center and School. Today, it is the headquarters of the U.S. Army CECOM LCMC.

Building 1207 when it was the headquarters of the Signal Center and School. Today, it is the headquarters of the U.S. Army CECOM LCMC.

Posted in History Happenings.

Tagged with , , , , , .

Read Comments